Llancaiach Fawr Manor is a semi fortified Tudor Manor House (c 1550) restored and furnished as it would have been during the Civil War. ‘Staffed’ by the costumed servants of the gentry family who owned it in 1645.
The Manor is surrounded by small formal walled gardens with typical 17th century features: topiary, knot garden, pleached walk etc.
Llancaiach Fawr also has an international reputation as one of the most haunted houses in Wales.
Adjacent Visitor Centre complex in complementary vernacular style includes Exhibition, Gift Shop, Coffee lounge and Conservatory Restaurant plus 2 large multi-purpose rooms externally resembling a Barn and a row of cottages around a cobbled Courtyard. All set amid rolling valley farmland.
Open all year round. Special events programme. Licensed for weddings and civil partnerships.
Llancaiach Fawr Manor, Gelligaer Road, Nelson, Treharris CF46 6ER