Claremont is a regular location for filming feature films, television and advertising. The 96 acre Capability Brown landscaped estate surrounds a Grade 1 Listed Mansion built in 1750. This provides a breath-taking and stunning backdrop and its close proximity to London and the M25 makes it easily accessible.
The interior includes:
- Elegant marble Entrance Hall designed by Sir John Soane
- Drawing Room – beautifully maintained with period fabric covered walls
- Great Room with access to a balcony overlooking a lawn leading to the Ha Ha
- The Albany has been restored and includes the original gold leaf ceiling
- Lord Clive’s unique and original marble plunge bath
- The oldest working passenger lift in Europe
- Many available classrooms both modern and those with original features
- Unusual underground tunnel access and vaulted chambers
The grounds include:
- Landscaped park with woodland paths
- Belvedere Folly designed by Sir John Vanbrugh
- 18th century walled garden with Victorian fountain and pond
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Private playing fields and children’s playgrounds
- Modern Sports Centre
- Laboratories and workshops are also available
- Tennis courts (x7)
Functions and Seminars
Drawing Room – This lovely Drawing Room in the 18th century palladian Mansion seats approximately 75 people. It is a perfect setting for functions, lectures, seminars and private concerts.
Great Room – The largest room in the Mansion, it boasts a grand balcony and views across the grounds. It seats approximately 100 people with room for a welcome area in the Inner Hall.
Dining and Concert Hall (Joyce Grenfell Centre) – This large hall seats 270 and provides an excellent venue for functions, lectures, seminars and private concerts. The adjoining Dining Hall is available for refreshments.